Friday, March 8, 2019

Unity Blog Post - Watercolor Stamping Quick Card

Welcome

I'm back with another quick card for you. I try to give you tips on getting a pretty card, done quickly.

The Project



Today I will show you all about watercolor stamping. I used Distress Inks (seriously, what would I do without these babies), but Oxides or watercolor paint on the stamp would work too. Just Becauseis  a great stamp for this technique because of the delicate flowers and the thin lines of rubber.

The Steps



Like I said, I used Distress Ink for this project and a water mister is a must.



Begin by inking the lightest color over the entire stamp.



Add the other two colors, randomly.



Mist with the water sprayer. The key is to get the right amount of water added. You need enough to give that watery look, but still keep definition in the lines of the stamp.



I thought some ink splatters would add interest, so I took my darkest ink, placed some on my mat, added a tiny bit of water, and made splatters with my fan brush. Finally, I added my sentiment and a bit of twine to bring out that beautiful purple.

The Challenge
This week, I challenge you to give watercolor stamping a try.  You can use any variety of inks or watercolors, the choice is yours. Be sure to upload into the challenge album in the Unity Show & Tell group on Facebook by 3/14. There will be a chance at prizes!

I'll be back next week for another Quick Card. Until then, happy stamping.

No comments:

Post a Comment