Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Unity GIU Day Two: 1 Stamp, 5 Projects: Layout

Welcome back to day two of my GIU week. Hopefully you tuned in to yesterday's post. If not, go ahead and take a look. I introduced my intention to use one stamp kit and show how versatile it can be by using it on five different types of projects. Today I'm taking a look at how to use stamps in scrapbooking.


For this project, I made an embellishment spot to add to my layout of zebra seen on my recent trip to Tanzania, Africa. Pundamilia is the Swahili name for zebra. I really enjoyed the zebra sightings. They are super smart, friendly, family oriented, and just fun to watch. I love their stripes. The coolest zebra encounter I had was seeing a very pregnant female, close up. She was so close that we could see the baby moving inside her! 

I stamped the Cuddlebug Zebra out onto a circle spot, colored the grasses the color of the dry season and added it onto my layout. Simple and easy way to stretch your stamps for different formats of paper crafting. You can see how this came together in the video posted below.



Cuddlebug Zebra

Brian Guy

Meant for Adventure



Be sure to leave a comment on each post this week to be in the running for a prize of your very own deeply etched red rubber! You don't want to miss out. And be sure to visit the Unity site to check out what's new and what's on sale. I'll see you tomorrow with another type of crafting project using our favorite cuddly zebra. Until tomorrow, happy stamping!



36 comments:

  1. That Cuddlebug zebra is a favorite of mine. I used it for a Valentine. Your scrapbook page is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this looks awesome on your scrapbook page. Well done!! I can’t wait to see what else you will create.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job, can't wait to see what is coming tomorrow. Zebra's are beautiful and, I've been told, no two have the same stripes, I don't know if that is true or not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! I love to see new ways to incorporate my stamps in scrapbooking. I would never have thought in this particular direction. Thanks for helping to "jog" my brain!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful way to showcase your fabulous photos from your trip and use your Unity stamps! I bet your trip album is over the top gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the layout - I don’t know that I would have thought to include stamps in my scrapbooking in this way! (and the photos are incredible!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous layout, and you really echoed the photos in how you colored up this zebra!adorbs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. THIS IS AMAZING! What an awesome layout!!! SO COOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic page.
    That trip took two scrapbooks.
    Love to look back at all the
    wonderful things we did.
    thanks for sharing
    txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a super layout! Great pictures and the little cuddlebug zebra fits seamlessly into the whole!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a great use of these stamps for your scrapbook layout.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your layout! I can see why you love zebras.

    Linda Abel

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those zebras look so cool and to see them in their natural surroundings must have been exciting. That stamp so fits in with the layout along with the different sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazeballs. The sentiments are perfection too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a beautiful layout and such a lovely way to document your trip. This adorable stamp is so perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your scrapbook layout! The cuddlebug zebra was a great addition. I never thought about inking g to he edges of the photo. Beautiful zebra photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is awesome. I love your style. Another great showcase of the little zebra.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love that you incorporated it into your scrapbook page. I ended up ordering this from yesterday’s post

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome layout! I love to see stamps in layouts. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautifully done. I love your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great scrapbook page! Love that cute Cuddlebug Zebra!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awesome layout! What an adventure Africa must have been ❤

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love this layout. Great inspiration. That baby is so darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great layout and use of stamps. Thank you for sharing your talents.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Incredible layout. Thank you for inspiring me to scrapbook again.
    Aimee Phillips

    ReplyDelete
  26. We can't be friends. just sayin'

    ReplyDelete
  27. what an incredible experience to have and to be that close to a mama, in the wild. Such a rare blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Laura, I love your travel scrapbook so much! It is a real treat to see your process, too, in the video! I love how you added the burlap for texture. It is perfect for this stamp! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete