Friday, March 25, 2011

Scrap Lift Challenge Week of 3/20/11

The Challenge: Find a layout from one of the Masters and scrap lift it.

Boy, I tell you that I really struggled with this challenge!  I don't think I have ever set out to scrap lift a lo before.  I have taken ideas I like from someone or used a lo for a sketch, but I have never set out to find a lo I like and then scrap it.  I think it's because it is backwards from how I usually work.  Usually I find the photos I like and then decide how to best scrap them.  I flipped through photos...nothing.  Flipped through los.....nothing,  Pulled out the current mag....oh, I really like Kim Watson's Rain Puddles, wish I had rain photos.  Flipped through photos....Hey, this might work.  And it did!  Not rain photos, but DS's baptism.  I did a play on the rain theme and I really like it.  Way to get me WAY out of my comfort box!


Here is Kim's layout found in the Mar/April 2011 CK mag on page 19 followed by mine.




2 comments:

  1. I love your lift! It is fabulous! I love your colours and I love how you kept the "rain" theme but for a completely different context. And I have to say, I'm loving your whimsical style - it's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a special day, and I love the "rain" from the clouds!!

    ReplyDelete