Saturday, November 5, 2011

Shy

The Challenge:
Scrap a story about your childhood

I chose to scrap about how so very shy I was.  I still am today, but I do not let it define me and most people think I am joking when I say that I am shy.  I don't want my shyness to keep me from making friendships and doing things that require me to be more outgoing.  I just have to push those uncomfortable feelings aside and press on.  Most people never notice the things you think are your deficiencies or weakness any way.

As a child though, I was painfully shy.  I didn't have many friends in school and I was very quite.  If you ask someone from High School to describe me, they will probably say shy or quiet or both.  It is something I have been working on and I think these photos remind me of how far I have come in gaining confidence.

I decided to use the Sketchy Thursdays sketch.  I thought it went well with the photos.  I like how one of them is almost like a poloroid and it totally fits with the era.  The October Afternoon's 5 & Dime papers with a piece of Crate Paper's Emma's Shoppe lends to that era feel.  I added glitter Stickles to the flowers to bling it up and Crystal effects to the leaves to give them dimension.

The layout



































The sketch

5 comments:

Beth Hallgren said...

Beautiful! Those pics of you are adorable :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Beautiful! I loveeeeee that you scrapped this about yourself!! Thanks so much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Amanda Johnson said...

Love those pics Laura! I agree, these collections were perfect for the photos! Great layout! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketchy Thursdays!

melshappyscrappyplace said...

How cute are you??! I love the photos and the paper choices. Fabulous LO! And thanks for sharing with us at ST :)
Melissa

Kasia said...

Fabulous page! Great take on the sketch! Love the colors and these sweet flowers! The photos are adorable!
Thanks for playing along with us at Sketchy Thursdays!