Monday, October 29, 2012

Winter Spring

I recently saw a layout done by Julie Balzer that had a lot of white texture on the background and just a bit of color, all clustered around the photo.  I thought this would be a fun thing to play with so when CSI had texture as one of the evidence prompts, I jumped at giving this a try!  I'm not sure I really achieved what I was hoping for, and will need to play with the technique more, but I like how it came out.  I like that the white moves right into the frost colored flowers.

For my evidence I used: flowers, texture paste, circles, embossed paper.  My journaling pulls out from behind the photo strip, with the flower as a pull, and says, "Winter or Spring?  It seems that this year we will have both!  There is something so beautiful about pretty flowers covered in glittery frost.

The layout



The case file

1 comment:

  1. Very cool, Laura!!! Love the way you used the tone on tone with the white and the photos really pop with the blues in each photo!

    ReplyDelete