Saturday, November 23, 2013

Sonic

After a month of guest designing with Child's Play Challenges, I am back to playing along.  The first week's challenge was Xylophone.  Honestly, I sat on this for weeks, with no clue what to do!  Then my friend Adele came.  We exchanged Christmas presents early and one of my gifts was a sonic screwdriver.  We are BIG Doctor Who fans and every fan NEEDS a sonic screwdriver.  Then I was flipping through her stencils and came across this awesome technology one and I suddenly knew what I was going to do for this challenge.

I went with the bright colors and lines of design that are found on the toy.  I used a gel medium through the stencil, waited for it to dry, and then used a variety of colors of spray ink to make each item a different color.  I think I need to procure this stencil for myself!


7 comments:

  1. Awesome way to be inspired by the xylophone picture!
    Thanks for playing w/ us at CPC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh well done thinking outside the square on this challenge. Love the bright happy feel to this page and what could be more appropriate than Dr Who at this current time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, wow, wow! multi striped, multi layered, multi-dimensional, super cool xylophone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You already know how I feel about this one. You knocked my socks of with it! So busy... and so perfect! And, Oi! Watch where you're pointing that thing, Earth Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally awesome layout!! Thanks so much for participating in our CHILD'S PLAY challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
    ~DEANNE~
    A Little Bit O' Paper

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the mixed media on your layout!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Really a different one for you! Love the bright colors, the drippy effect and the gears! Fabulous page! Thanks for playing at CPC!

    ReplyDelete