Saturday, November 2, 2013

Love



Try as I might, but the only thing I could think o,f for this month's inspiration photo, was Thanksgiving.  That is ok, because I still hadn't done anything with last year's pics.  I didn't take a ton; just a few with my phone.  But with all the fun apps you can get on your phone now, you get some pretty awesome photos without having to haul around a large camera.

As well as thinking about Plymouth Rock and the first Thanksgiving, I also love the warm colors and the lines on the ship, which I used stitching to mimic.  To create my layout, I first took some watercolor paper and sprayed it with spay inks, two colors, and misted with water.  Then I misted with a brownish ink on my craft mat and pressed the paper into the dots and splats.  I added a stamped water ring and two film strips.  Then I laid my photos into the grid and stitched in between.  Next, I matted the watercolor paper, which was under 12x12 to a piece of dark brown card stock, adding more stitching around the edge.  Finally added the extra bits and journaling.




Be sure to link up your page by the end of the month for a fabulous prize!

1 comment: