Friday, February 7, 2014

Silent Beauty

I recently signed up to be part of a world wide scrap Olympics.  Gotta represent the good ol USA!

The first challenge was titled "1000 Steps From Home" In December we had a big snowfall and I had taken my phone out to capture the beauty.  I thought these would be perfect for the challenge!  It also had to be a double page piece, no spray ink, at least 3 photos, and 50 words of visible journaling.

I set to work and pulled out some pretty blue paper.  I took my brayer and some black paint and randomly added distressing.  Then I took my fave stencil and randomly rubbed white paint, with a baby wipe, for the snow.  Add some doilies, words, gears, gems and lace and I was ready to write.  I found it quite easy to write my 50+ words and did them on journal strips, that I scattered about.

Whether or not I make the cut and go on to the next round, I love this layout, so I am a winner winner, chicken dinner!


2 comments:

  1. A beautiful...love the color, texture, and design. And, yes, you are a winner, a very impressive layout!

    ReplyDelete