Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Mushrooms

This month, at Scrapstuffz we are pairing up with Child's Play Challenges!  They have some really fun challenges that are based on toys we all used to play with when we were children.  And on top of that, we have a fabulous sketch!  It's just like Christmas all over again.

Our image comes from Child's Play.  I never did play with this, but I always thought they were cool.....sand art!  I love the way the colors just sort of meander, in waves, and make cool patterns.  I recently got a Gelli plate and I have to say that I am in love!  Even the hubby thinks it's cool.  He even decided that I need the bigger plate so I could make my own patterned paper.  Hello, yes.  One of the tools my kit came with was a texture comb.  It was the perfect tool to give my paint the fun waves like the sand art! I also thought these photos of this super cool mushroom would be perfect as they carried on with the colorful wave theme.  I added a few wave like embossing folders and burlap for texture.

I pretty much kept to the sketch except for using a photo cluster instead of the one photo and adding a small photo in the top cluster.  Really like how this one turned out.














1 comment:

  1. Awesome layout! Love all of the texture and neat photos....wow!

    ReplyDelete