Thursday, April 23, 2015

Due Date - Simon Says Stamp Challenge

I played along with the challenges at Simon Says Stamp for the first time last week and when I saw this week's challenge, I was blown away. The design team hit it out of the ball park!

The first thing that popped into my head when I thought of due date, was pregnancy, but I don't really know anyone who is expecting, so I remembered the Documented stamp set that Tim Holtz recently released. I love this set so much! Love all the fun distressed date related stamps, plus it has that awesome map. A win in my book. I decided that an art journal page for my Embrace about waiting. I seem to be in a season of waiting. It seems I don't even really have anything to be waiting for right now.

I started off by spraying yellow, sunny orange, and lime sprays on my blank page. I wanted bright. Hope. I kept spraying ink and water, drying in between until I was satisfied. Then I took the stamps from the Documented set and stamped randomly on the background. Next I used the clock stencils from Tim Holtz and spread a thin layer of modeling paste over all the background. I love how the inks bleed up into the paste and bring the background forward. You can see where some of the stamping has moved to the top of the paste. Then I grabbed this really old flower set. I've had it forever and love it. I got a darker red-orange ink for these. I added some white pen scribbles to brighten them up and add some fun. All that was left was to add my quote and some askew clock hands, signifying broken time and my dislike of waiting.   


1 comment:

  1. Your journal page is so beautiful. Love the colors and texture. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete