Saturday, August 8, 2015

Road Trip

Project number 2 of my month of being the guest designer at The Cut Shoppe.

As soon as I saw the Hit The Road file, I knew I had to have it! It is perfect for the road trip we took in December to San Fransisco, the Redwoods, and back home. I took a photo of the drive through the Redwoods as we drove and used a blur action to give it that feel of movement. I also thought the world from The Places You'll Go would make a fun background. I used my knife in the software to remove the words from the file and cut the continents from a piece of watercolor paper. I then used a couple of colors of spray ink to create the ocean, after masking off a section for the sunburst. I used some gold Inka to define the edges of the continents and mounted, with mounting tape on a piece of star map paper. I cut Heart Burst out of stencil material and penned the edges, coloring in the middle. I cut out A Walk In The Clouds, cut them apart, inked in the same colors as the sunburst. I cut the road map maze from Hit The Road, switching the start and end so the end would be around the San Fransisco part of my map cutout. I added the "wow", because it was wow, from Hero It Up and my title from Here and There. All I needed were a couple of embellishments and journal strips.

You can check out the full post on The Cut Shoppe's blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment