Thursday, August 6, 2015

Tornado Warning

I'm so excited to be the guest designer at The Cut Shoppe this month! I got to create 3 layouts with Ashley's fun cut designs. I have loved her fun, whimsical designs from the first day I saw them.

For my first layout, I used a photo collage that I created at my mom's, when I went to visit. The first night I was there we had a big thunderstorm with us falling in the tornado warning box. A tornado actually touched down to the west of us. It was intense enough that we actually got a shelter made if it came to hunkering down. The winds got bad enough that we did go to the basement, but never took shelter in the tub. Exciting for this West Coast girl.

I thought the target, from the Right On Target cut, was perfect for this story. I found the background paper in a Basic Grey collection that pulled in the science of weather. I love the waves. Since I had the collection out, I added fun colors from other papers to some of the sections of the target and for my tornado.  I cut the US from On The Road, removing the words in the middle and added clouds from Moody Blues. I cut the clouds from white cardstock, inked with distress ink, and spritzed with water to give that watery look. The only other think needed was a title and a bit of wood. My journaling was already in the collage.

Check out the post on The Cut Shoppe's blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment