Sunday, January 8, 2012

Where I Run

I've been wanting to photograph the place I go to walk and/or run.  I'm trying to become a runner so it helps to have a beautiful place to go and do it.  I stated the Couch25K program and we shall see.  At the moment, I'm a skeptic, but I am going to give it my all.

I saw this week's Sketchy Thursdays sketch and I thought it would go really well with this subject.  I also wanted to work on my clustering and be more artsy/messy.  I like order.  I like symmetry.  I like things in their proper place and I have found that I have struggled with the shabby look.  I love to look at layouts done by people who are extremely talented with it.  I love looking at Erin and Kelly's layouts.  They really rock the shabby.  They are so good at clustering totally random bits and pieces and it looks good!   I know I just need to go do it if I want to get better at it, so that's what I set out to accomplish on this layout.  It's a start, but I like how it turned out.  I also used my nemesis color, yellow.

The Layout


































The Layout- both pages

















The Sketch

7 comments:

  1. Awww, thanks for the compliment, Laura! I think you did an excellent job..this turned out beautifully! I love the misting and bits of twine, combined with the earthy colors, it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, thank-you for your kind words :). As I mentioned in your forum post, I think it's great you're trying something new~ very admirable.
    As for your beautiful page, I first off love your ability to turn a one page sketch into a 2 page layout! You've got me beat on that- I cannot for my life do a 2-pager. I also love the woodgrain papers, buttons, bits of trim, the mist- what a great combo for your first attempt at this style.
    Great work :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Love your layout and your location. Maybe I'll have to drive down just so I can run with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd missed that this was a ST sketch. Great interpretation of it. I love the deep yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. GORGEOUS! I loveeeeeeeeeeee the photos and the wood grain! Thanks so much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how the yellow contrasts the blue on this page! And what a great idea for a layout! Thanks for joining us at Sketchy Thursdays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You rocked the layers in this great LO!! Good for you to take on the challenge of trying out a new scrappy style - so successfully too! So many scrappers have a particular signature style, but I love to try out different styles and techniques too. ~ Blessings

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete