Thursday, October 17, 2013

Dream

After last's weeks difficult color palette at CSI, pastel, I found this week's to be so fun and refreshing!  Just makes me think of some island adventure with a citrus drink.  The journal prompts had me going in a different direction though and I used one from the daring site; write a letter to your future you.

The subject of self worth and dreams has come up a lot lately, so I decided to use this topic for my letter.  I decided to use this photo I took of a really cool building, with a water feature in front of it, for my photo.  It looks really dreamy and not quite solid.  Sometimes our dreams can feel this way and I thought it lent itself to the message quite well.  I used spray ink and a water bottle to create my blue sky.  The clouds are done the same and then die cut out.  The yellow strip is a mix of gel medium, a stencil, gellatos, and water.  It originally it was part of a whole piece of paper, but I seriously did not like the rest of the page so I just cut out the strip and mounted it on my sky paper.  It worked out pretty good too, because I really like the raised look of it.

Evidence used: airplanes, string, stripes, mixed media

Testimony is a letter to my future self.


The case file

No comments:

Post a Comment