Monday, October 6, 2014

Take To The Sky

Summer of Chaos Catch Up continues!  When I first glanced at the color palette for August Scrap 365, at CSI, my heart sort of sunk.  They are not colors I use at all!  At least not together.  So pale, so light, so boring?  The inspiration photo helped at bit with that awesome drawing of hot air balloons.  I had just purchased a balloon stamp set and had my photos taken on my trip to SLC, from the plane, so I set to work.  First thing I did was take my favorite cloud stencil, by Julie Balzer, and stamp with distress inks, from the color palette, mist, then press onto my water color paper.  If you haven't seen the Tim Holtz technique he used on his June tag, be sure to check it out here.  It is awesome and I use it a lot! Because the colors were so light, I doodled in the forms of the clouds and added some curly cues for a whimsical look.  Then I stamped on some flying birds and circles.  I stamped, embossed, and colored in some hot air balloons, then fussy cut.  I added some strips of washi, including a travel themed one, for a matte.  Added a photo cluster and arranged my balloons, some die cut clouds, gears and propellers.  I added some sayings and my title to some hand cut banners and placed them on the balloons, like they were being flown as advertising.  For a case that I did not like, at first glance, I LOVE the finished piece!

Evidence used: clouds, hot air balloons, birds, doodling, polka dots, string.

S365-7 - Take To The Sky

1 comment:

  1. wow !!!wow !!!!! ... outstanding and full of texture, beauty and passion .. love x

    ReplyDelete