Friday, January 15, 2016

A Tico Christmas

My husband and I recently got to join my mom's photo tour in Costa Rica! It's why I am sooooo far behind in my uploading....sorry...but I digress. We were gone the first two weeks of December and were able to enjoy Christmas in a way that is completely different. First of all, it was the start of summer, so whilst our families were dealing with cold and storms, we were in t-shirts and shorts. It is strange to see snowflakes and snowmen when it is 80 degrees out! The decor also has a different feel, more latin, less U.S. It was fun to see just how other's decorate for the holiday.

I decided to use black paper as my base, so the vibrant red would stand out. I applied some paste through a brick stencil and colored individual bricks with the more neutral colors from the palette, as well as the red. I cut out this adorable tree and cute flowers and Joy arrow using cut files from The Cut Shoppe Christmas lines. I used wood grain paper to give the tree a used pallet look. I hung the flowers as a banner and added bright red birds to the tree.

Evidence used: bricks, wood grain, animals (birds), hang elements, die cuts.

Testimony is documenting my holiday, in a very different way.




No comments:

Post a Comment