Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Destination Monteverde

Hello, bringing you a layout from The Cut Shoppe for you today. I'm continuing with layouts from my recent trip to Costa Rica. We began our adventure at Monteverde which boasts some pretty amazing cloud forests and canopy trails, as well as zip lining. To start off our time there, we took a short hike to a pretty waterfall, dinner, enjoyed a stunning sunset.

The Sideways Chevron file was the perfect cut to give the sense of moving to our location and going out to explore. I cut it out on a tan cardstock paper and layered over a fun green, then placed over some cute map paper. Before adding to the map paper, I stitched through all of the chevrons to add texture. I cut out a tag from Pack Your Bags and "Destination" from Here and There to add some red, like the bloom in my photo. All that was needed then were some enamel dots, wood, and chipboard bits, along with my journal strips.






I would love to see what you create with files from the shop, head on over today and pick up something fun for your next project!




1 comment:

  1. I think the chevron background is an excellent way to show movement. Just wonderful color selection too.

    ReplyDelete