Saturday, August 13, 2011

Tire Mt.

The Challenge:
Use colored pencils on your layout

The Challenge:
Use eyelets on your layout.

I have to say that this is not one of my favorites.  I am not really an artsy kind of scrapper.  I can't draw to save my life either!  This looked really cool in my dreams.  Yes, I do dream about layouts, doesn't everyone?  I used the eyelets as the start of my rainbow and the main part of the rainbow was done with water colored pencils.  The rays of the sun and the vine are as well.  I used a SLS sketch for the left hand side of the layout. It is really much more of a buttery yellow in real life.  Don't know why it turned out sort of tan.

I scrapped our hike up Tire Mountain.  There were so many pretty little mountain meadows along the way!  It is a pretty popular mountain biking trail too so we had to wait for groups of bikers to go by several times.  You wouldn't get me on a bike on this trail!  There were many spots where the trail was very narrow and the drop so steep!  I would have been found at the bottom of a ravine since bikes and I don't get along very well...  It was a gorgeous day the the trail was beautiful and I can see all of it quite well from the bottoms of my feet!



















The badge










The sketch


No comments:

Post a Comment