Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Adventure Awaits

My never ending catching up from the Summer of Chaos marches on.  I had a lot of fun with this CSI case.  I love me some earthy colors and this case was full of them!  My daughter decided to do something different for her husband for his birthday this year.  She set up a geo cache style scavenger hunt for him.  She spent weeks planning where clues would be and what they would say.  She started planting clues a few days before the big event.  We were at the canoe leg, with a canoe, to provide help to one destination, if needed.  It was at a porta potty in the middle of the lake and a storm was whipping up, so help was definitely needed!

To start off with, I had taken a photo of some maps, a compass and my husband's glasses that were left out after a planning session.  I moved the photo into some phone editing apps and came up with an antique looking photo that I decided to use as my title.  I used my brayer to spread around some brown paint to act as a matte over the fun patterned paper.  I cut a variety of banners out of papers and some burlap, put my photos into a collage (all done on my phone), exported to the computer and printed off.  I used a Tim Holtz compass blueprint stamp and some odds and ends.  I also cut some clouds out of this cute graph paper design and found a brad that looked like a sun!  Add a few stars, and I'm good to go.

Evidence used: wet medium, wood, sun, clouds, eye glasses, stars, and brads.

131 - Adventure Awaits 

No comments:

Post a Comment