Thursday, September 25, 2014

Shop

I am doing a little CSI catch up right now.  Summer was super busy and a lot of trials took place.

One of the things I did was go visit my mom and was able to spend some time in the shop with my step dad.  He is a master in the shop.  He creates the most beautiful things, especially turned bowls out of cool pieces of wood.  My mom decided to teach me weaving on her small ridged heddle loom and I needed some spindles and spacers.  Why buy boring ones when you can make your own in the shop?!  I traced some of my mom's tools and get to work.  My step dad helped with some of cutting, but the real magic happens on the sanders.  All the formation happens as you twist and bend the wood on the sand paper.  It was great fun!

For my background I pulled out a piece of cardstock and stamped the wood grain with this awesome stamp by Stampin' Up, then I put down a damask stencil and used some Tim Holtz pink distress paint.  It's kind of hard to see the damask pattern, but it's there.  I had this great piece of Crate Paper with the ruler on it, so cut it out and placed it in the space where the stamp didn't fill, at the top.  I also had a great wooden ruler and some pieces of wood veneer that looked like they belong in the shop.  I embossed some "corrosion" on some gears, found some fun letters, made an envelope from grid paper to hold my journaling, and done!

I used: wood/wood grain, damask, grid, envelope, ruler, tags, a key, triangles, and paint.











138 - Shop

No comments:

Post a Comment