Friday, September 26, 2014

Let Your Light Shine

Another post in my CSI catch up.  The colors of this case were so pretty, just sort of reminded me of light shining through the fog, and the perfect palette for some photos of a lighthouse lens.  We have a great lighthouse that is pretty close to where I live.  It's been closed and under renovation for a couple of years.  I just happened to reopen just in time for a visit from a friend from Phoenix, so we signed up for the tour.  The history and architecture is just amazing.  Life as a keeper was not an easy one.  As renovators, they try to keep as true to the original design and products, and this meant some super cool "sky light" glass was left intact.  I love that it's purple!  You can't go up into the lens room, but get a pretty good view from below and it makes for some interesting photos.  This is a working lighthouse too.

I decided light and airy was the way to go, so I started off with one of my favorite stencils, designed by Julie Balzer, and stamped it with distress inks, misted, laid down on my watercolor paper, and dried.  Makes for a super cool watery background.  I went in and outlined some of the circles with a grey pen to add interest.  The rest was a matter of cutting out banners, swirls, and clouds, penning them, embossing some gears with silver, painting some wood, and adding some gems.

Evidence used: polka dots, washi, swirls, melt something (embossing powder), wood, triangles, and metal.

137 - Let Your Light Shine

No comments:

Post a Comment