Monday, July 18, 2011

PIR

The Challenge:
Use arrows to bring both motion and direction to your layout

I honestly was going to skip scrapping these photos.  They did not speak to me, I had no idea what to do with them, there is a lot of grey and not any faces either.  This challenge gave me a great idea of what to do with them!  I wanted the circular arrow around the title to mimic the race track.  I used a sketch from Allison Davis' new sketch book #8.  There were two crossing lines of paper on the left that I replaced withstitched arrows.  I then added the bolts and washers to complete the auto feel.

The cars were built by my son and his friends for a school class.  Teams of students design, build and race these cars that run on two batteries.  They race them, not to see who goes fastest, but who can go farther the longest.  They get one hour to see how many laps they can get (or until they break down or the battery runs out).  It is kind of funny to see these cars just crawling along by the end of the hour!  He and his team placed third in the State for the 2010 season!  For this race, they were able to race on a real race track in Portland.  It was a weekend event and they camped in the infield.



No comments:

Post a Comment