Tuesday, August 23, 2011

POP! Goes the Present

The Challenge: use an onomatopoeia (a word that is a sound) on a layout

Here is my second layout that I did for this week's Sketchy Thursdays sketch.  I also combined it with this week's Issue Challenge at Club CK.  For the sketch, I flipped it over to make room for my journaling that moves right into the title.

I gave John a rather large sleeping bag for Christmas last year and couldn't find a box big enough for it.  I stuffed it into this smaller box and then strapped it down with a tie down strap.  I had him open it a little early because I was afraid it was going to bust out of the box!  It was really stuffed in there.

So, I made up a little song, to the tune of POP goes the weasel, that goes something like this:
All around the Christmas tree
The presents wrapped so pretty
John pulls on the strap around the gift
POP! goes the present!

Again, a single page!!!


the sketch

4 comments:

  1. LOL I love the first picture! His expression is priceless! And that song you made up is so perfect ... way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this page, Laura and your creative wrapping and the fun song!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love love that you created a song for this lo's journaling! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FUN! Love it! Thanks soooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great page : )
    Thanks for playing x

    ReplyDelete