Saturday, November 5, 2011

Shy

The Challenge:
Scrap a story about your childhood

I chose to scrap about how so very shy I was.  I still am today, but I do not let it define me and most people think I am joking when I say that I am shy.  I don't want my shyness to keep me from making friendships and doing things that require me to be more outgoing.  I just have to push those uncomfortable feelings aside and press on.  Most people never notice the things you think are your deficiencies or weakness any way.

As a child though, I was painfully shy.  I didn't have many friends in school and I was very quite.  If you ask someone from High School to describe me, they will probably say shy or quiet or both.  It is something I have been working on and I think these photos remind me of how far I have come in gaining confidence.

I decided to use the Sketchy Thursdays sketch.  I thought it went well with the photos.  I like how one of them is almost like a poloroid and it totally fits with the era.  The October Afternoon's 5 & Dime papers with a piece of Crate Paper's Emma's Shoppe lends to that era feel.  I added glitter Stickles to the flowers to bling it up and Crystal effects to the leaves to give them dimension.

The layout



































The sketch

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Those pics of you are adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I loveeeeee that you scrapped this about yourself!! Thanks so much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those pics Laura! I agree, these collections were perfect for the photos! Great layout! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketchy Thursdays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute are you??! I love the photos and the paper choices. Fabulous LO! And thanks for sharing with us at ST :)
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous page! Great take on the sketch! Love the colors and these sweet flowers! The photos are adorable!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Sketchy Thursdays!

    ReplyDelete