Monday, August 10, 2015

Wave Crash

My final project for this month of being guest designer at The Cut Shoppe.

I love going to the coast! It's my happy place. When I saw the waves in the Make A Splash, I knew I had to cut a stamp! I also cut one from the sun in the same set. For the background, I wet a piece of watercolor paper, sprayed with 3 different colors of spray ink and sprinkled generously with salt. I left the house to let it dry and when I came back, all sorts of magic happened. I was left with this feathery piece with lots of texture. I was left with a salt mess too, but just took it to the sink to brush off. I then stamped with my new wave stamp in a dark blue and my sun stamp in embossing ink, and embossed in gold. I cut the wave title from the Beachy Keen set from white cardstock, colored with distress ink, sprayed with water, dried and coated in Glossy Accents. I cut the second part of the title from All Tied Up alpha. I thought it could use a splash of color, so I cut the circles from Give It A Whirl and colored them in a pinky red and orange to contrast with the blue. I love the color pop! Finally I cut the favorite saying from Etc, Etc, Etc and backed with velum so it wouldn't get lost. 

No comments:

Post a Comment