Sunday, November 1, 2015

Hello Fall

The Cut Shoppe teamed up with Page Maps for the November sketch reveal!

I loved the sketch that Becky sent me. I love working with multiple photos and I really liked the background too. I took some Fall colors photos with my dad a few weeks ago and I thought leaves fit the sketch well. I only did 2 clusters, instead of the 3 in the sketch because mine are pretty big. I did some thread and hearts for the 3rd cluster.

I used a variety of cuts from the shop, including the "hello" from Word to the Wise and Tall Type for the title, and Free Falling and Funky Florals for the leaves.

I seriously love that "hello"! The cut strips are so fun and add so much texture. You could cut the word without the slits to be a different colored background, but I liked the look straight on the orange. I think it looks striking. You could also remove the stripes and have some pretty cute, fat letters. The Tall Type "fall" was the perfect compliment to the fun "hello". My leaves were cut out from two different files, one being a Spring flower themed file, and inked with distress ink and then spritzed with some water to add texture. A few ink splatters, the hearts, thread and journaling were all that were needed to finish off the layout.









Be sure to check out the Page Maps site for a sketch that you can use for your Fall fun.


1 comment: