Monday, January 16, 2012

Macro

This is my last layout for the Sketchy Thursdays challenge site.  They are calling it quits after this week's challenge.  I am so very sad, but I understand how much work this must have become for them.  I want to thank all the gals over there for giving me this last year (almost) worth of inspiration and awesome sketches.  I will miss you and hope the you continue to share your talents with us someway, somewhere.  So thanks and I decided to go have some fun and try some stuff that I haven't done before.

These photos were the first photos I took with the macro lens I got for Christmas.  It is amazing how ugly, brown weeds become cool and beautiful when you change your point of view.  I first stood there thinking that there was nothing to photograph, but then I started seeing the beauty in the close up.  I can't wait to go play with it some more!

The layout































The Sketch

11 comments:

  1. The teal and yellow are beautiful on this one Laura!! And I agree, the pic looks awesome...even if it is a weed!! :) I really like the cool shape of your banner and the natural fiber that you "hung" it with!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Ashley, I really like the yellow and teal too. It really makes your layout pop! I'm so very bummed for you that they are calling it quits. I know how much you enjoy them. :( On a side note, looks like you are enjoying your macro lens. You've got a great eye there. Sometimes it's hard to find the beauty in things. I think a lot of us just tend to look for the "big picture" and those little things like little brown weeds get overlooked. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the distressing, Laura!! You did a great job at it!! The little bit of trim, the distressed layered flower and the banner are such great touches- and awesome photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The distressing looks so good!! But what I love best is that neat banner, and the wonderful colors you used on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the color combos on this page! Love the distressing of the paper edges and the lace...just a really great page!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is GORGEOUS! I loveeeeeeeeee the photos and all that yellow! Thanks so much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great colour combo. I too am going to miss Sketchy Thursday's. I didn't get to play along very often but I really enjoyed seeing the sketches and the inspiration they provided.

    Enjoy playing with your new camera lens.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That banner is perfect! Thank you so much for playing along with the last Sketchy Thursdays challenge. I love what you made! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful layout Laura! I love the colors together and the distressing is perfect! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketchy Thursdays!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful! Love the colors and the photos! The banner is great :)

    ReplyDelete