Friday, March 16, 2012

Alley Springs Mill

My friend Ashley is doing a sketch challenge at Club CK and I wanted to be sure to play along!  I love Ashley's sketches and I wouldn't want to miss playing with this one.  You can find more of her sketches here.

I chose these photos to a trip to Alley Springs Mill that I went to while on a trip out to my mom's.  It was a really cool place!  The mill is open to walk through and many of the original machines are there along with a collection of other, relevant machinery.  We had fun taking cool photos of these old pieces.  Because of this old, worn feel, I wanted my layout to give the same vibe.  I found these cool papers in that rich, dark color and I distressed the banner to give it that worn feel to match the worn machines and used the old time twine to give that extra little something.

This really was a special place.  The water was truly that color, a brilliant turquoise!  I loved how many old mills there are peppered throughout the state of Missouri.

The layout

The sketch


3 comments:

  1. love your work!! love the "flip" on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out really awesome Laura!! I definitely love, love, love this one!! More to come on the challenge thread at the Club!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous page! I love the color of the water. Everything blends together so well!

    ReplyDelete