Sunday, April 29, 2012

Grow

The Challenge:
Use circles as your main design element

I love circle!  Never  met one I didn't like.  There is just something so perfect, so fun about a circle.  I have been working on becoming a drawer (one who draws, not a receptacle in a dresser) and learning to work with paint.  I put both lessons to use on this layout.  I had a stack of very similar photos, marking the passing days, that I decided would work well all together.  I first cut the photos into circle so we could just focus on this adorable face.  Then I laid them down on the paper where I wanted them and freehand drew a circle.  My intention was to not make them perfect, but keep them playful by letting them be a bit wonky.  After they were drawn, I pulled out my watercolors and painted them.  I liked how they looked and decided that I  would add a bunch of decorative painted circles.  Finally, I spray misted over all the page, to break up the stark white, and added some bright brads among the water colored circles.  Finally I added my title, penned around the edges and colored in the center of the g and o, and place a bit of pom pom trim.


6 comments:

  1. Wow super cute. really love the watercolor circles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had way, way too much fun with this one! But it is so super cute! And if I don't pay too close attention, I think your doodled circles around the pics look like sewn circles! Congrats on a fantastic layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looove it,he is adoreable and loving the circles!
    Hugs
    Tracy
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool, Laura! Love this design, I love circles, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just FUN! I love all the outlined circles and little shots of color- perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so fun, Laura!! I LOVE the way you used the circles and created such a cute, artsy look on this page! And I love the little bit of pom pom trim under your title! SO CUTE!!! :)

    ReplyDelete