Monday, April 30, 2012

Thankful for My Guy

This month's Thanks Living lesson was on symmetry.  I love to use symmetry on my layouts.  It pleases the orderly side of me and it is a great way to turn a single page sketch into a double sketch.  I didn't use a sketch for this project and decided to put a twist on symmetry by flipping the page design on the left side for the right side.  To me it's just another tool in my design belt and adds interest.

For this layout I focused on the things about my son that I am thankful for.  I really do have the best kids.  God has blessed me so richly with the family I have and I can't thank Him enough for that!  I love to see the adults my kids have grown into.

The layout

6 comments:

  1. Great job with the symmetry on this layout, Laura!! I love the way you balanced the little banners and those are some great pics!! And the tiny type in your journaling is really fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm like you, I need to create, but I gotta have some order in my creations. This is great. I like the banners.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you :}}from one linear, symmetrical gal to another. The photo of your son with just his eyes showing is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great masculine page, MG!!! I like how you did something totally and different and flipped the page, never thought of doing that before, may have to try that myself. Love the reasoning behind you journaling as well. I cannot complain about mine teens they have been fairly hassle free and I look forward to seeing the wonderful young adults they will be. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laura - this is so great! Love the pictures and the small little banners in the corners. Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what an adorable layout, I love the photos!!I wanted to thank you for the always kind compliments you leave on my blog, so thoughtful!

    ReplyDelete