Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Sasquatch Falls

The Challenge:
Use hexagons on your next project.

Hexagons are a pretty hot trend right now and I think they are a fun shape!  They come in all forms too.  Stop signs, honeycomb, chicken wire; I really like them. I had picked up this paper from MME that was full of hexagons in fun patterns, so I jumped at the chance to use it.

I love that it had maps and such, so I used a photo from a recent trip to attend a crop in central Washington with several peeps from the CK message board.  One of those peeps is the one that issues the Issue Challenge!  She is from Arizona and my friend and I decided that stopping at Multnomah Falls was a must stop for her to see.  It did not disappoint; she was amazed at all the water and green there.  She kept stopping to take photos of "weeds" and proclaimed that she hadn't seen so many shades of green before.  As we leaving, we stopped at the gift shop so my AZ friend could pick up some postcards.  She got one that had a drawing of the falls with Sasquatch in the foreground and that is what we've called the falls ever since!

The layout

2 comments:

  1. Love how you used the larger hexagons along with the chicken wire hexagons, Laura!! What a funny story and I can just see Erika stopping to take pictures of all the "weeds"!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another fave of mine! Great memories! Love the special title and the way you used hexagons in so many ways on this page! Turned out great!

    ReplyDelete