Friday, August 17, 2012

Time Spent With You

The Challenge:
Use clocks on your project

CSI Case File #32

As I was working on the case file for CSI, I discovered that this layout was really about taking time off from our busy work and life schedules and getting away, just the two of us in a beautiful setting.  With that in mind, I had my title and used the clock embellishment to drive that message home.

I had a blast with this layout too!  I got my hands all inky blue and white paint on my fingernails.  I found that fiber paste is the perfect medium to make fluffy clouds!  As I spread the paste on, I made sure to make it rough with little peaks to give the clouds the fluffiness.  Those were my wet mediums.  I also used burlap, gauze and stars.  My journaling was all about taking the time to spend together at the coast.

The layout


The case file

5 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Laura......You did an amazing job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME Laura!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE... wait till you see this weeks challenge. You're gonna die!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! Lots of different texture going on. Great job making it cohesive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You posted on your blog! Yay!
    Love all the texture on the layout---the clouds, the gauze and the burlap---really cool!!! Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, Laura!!! I really love it! SO much gorgeous texture, just amazing. The fiber paste is most definitely perfect for your clouds!!

    ReplyDelete