Thursday, October 2, 2014

Cape Blanco Lighthouse

This month's Scrap 365 case at CSI is super fun and I love both the color palette and the inspiration photo!  I decided to use some recent photos I took when we went to the coast.  I know, I know, big surprise that we went to the coast, but this time we went further south and visited a lighthouse that I have never been up.  This one lets you go right into the lens room and let me tell you, it is a photographer's dream!  So many cool textures, angles, and abstract designs.  I could have snapped away all day as the giant lens turned.  It's one of the few lighthouses they let you in.  So glad we went!  It had been very foggy when we first arrived, but by the time we go up there, the sun was streaming in and it was absolutely glorious.  

I kept the layout simple so the photos could really shine (snicker).  I placed a circle stencil on my watercolor paper and gently misted with the teal color.  I made my photos all the same size and matted onto some red cardstock.  I layered some patterned paper and placed the photo matte on top.  I cut some clouds out of plain teal cardstock and vellum and scattered them about, adding a couple of die cut birds.  I decided to make a couple of half circles out of gems.  They just mirrored the shining circle patterns in the photos and fulfilled the half circle prompt.  I decided this would be a good place to add my title.  I journaled on a couple of the clouds and all done!

Evidence used: clouds, birds, semi-circles, textured paper, layering elements, misting, and vellum.





No comments:

Post a Comment