Saturday, October 24, 2015

Artist's Life

At first I had no idea what I was going to do with this week's CSI case. Not typically the colors I would turn to, but then I saw in the evidence prompts to use tea cups. This reminded me of visiting my friend Renae, having tea and scones, and making art.

I started off by laying down a doily stencil and applying heavy gel medium through. After letting dry completely, I spayed with yellow spray ink, then spritzed with water to "wash" off the gelled doilies. The gel acts as a resist. Last time I was over, Renae gave me some books of music to use in art journaling. One of the pieces was this one, titled Artist's Life. Could anything have been more perfect? This became the base of my layering. Of course a day of tea drink and art making needs doilies and lace, so I grabbed several of these, including those eye catching red ones! I love the red doilies. I cut a doily banner out on my Silhouette, as well as the tea cup. Of course both needed the addition of pearls. Some ink splatters, a few metal bits, and my journaling finished off the piece. I just let the title of the sheet music be my title for my page.

Evidence used: banner, book pages, metal, doilies, tea cup, wet medium.

Testimony is a line from Carry on Tuesday, followed by my thoughts and reads, "A song is but a little thing and yet what a joy it is to sing. I love our crafty teas together. They make my heart sing."




1 comment:

  1. Just love how you used the doilies as a mask, then added doilies on top. Just Brilliant. But, I really expect nothing less from you.

    ReplyDelete