Monday, August 6, 2018

Monday Quick Cards

Good morning and welcome to a new week and a new feature I'm adding to the blog; Monday Quick Cards. My plan is to highlight cards made in under 20 minutes for those "I need a card now!" moments.

My first card took me a total of 12 minutes, 24 seconds. That's start to finish, including cutting the paper and choosing my inks. And used Every Single Day, the July 2018 Sentiment Kit, by Unity Stamp Co.



I used selective ink smooshing here and it works great for that quick card. There's no need to be exact or add shading or fussing with the colors, just smoosh and move on. I like the fun, carefree look it gives too; sort of wildflower like.

Selective smooshing is quick and easy. Begin by stamping your image and sentiment onto watercolor paper. Continue by pressing some distress ink on your mat, then spray with some water.



I used a little piece of plastic packaging from some craft supply or another to dab into the ink, then onto my stamped image. Repeat with until satisfied with the coverage and with the other colors.




Final step was to mat onto a base that pulled one of my colors out from the flower palette, but your could not mat at all or mat on black or white. A simple, yet colorful card is ready to go for that last minute event you need to attend. 




6 comments:

  1. Love this idea.....Thank You for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving this idea. 😊 Will have to give smooshing another try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see what other quickies you have up your sleeves!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great, and i will give this a try!!

    ReplyDelete