Sunday, March 15, 2020

Growing In Unity Blog Hop

Welcome to the January/February Growing In Unity Blog Hop!

I had such a great time with my GIU week and I'm excited to share a project using the kit I received as a thank you. I chose Wonder, the November 2019 Kit of the Month. It's perfect for my wanderlust self and photos from my trips.

I loved the girl with her packed suitcases, so I chose to use her in my traveler's notebook spread documenting street life in Arusha, Tanzania. It's fascinating to watch life being lived. There is so much activity and what seems to be a chaotic environment, but there is order here. I chose to stamp her right onto my Gelli print background and leave the suitcases as is. I love the texture. I used opaque watercolors to color in the girl. You still get some of that texture showing through, but have the vibrant color too. I love how it turned out and I can't wait to get back to Tanzania. I have to go visit the piece of my heart that I left behind.


Wonder {kom 11/19}

Be sure to visit all the blogs along the hop and leave those comments for a chance at an awesome Unity prize! You can find the hop order below.

Edelmira - www.winecheesescrapbooking.blogspot.com
Katie- https://katiedufourblog.wordpress.com

Laura - https://www.tapthumpart.com/2020/03/giu-blog-hop.html <<<You are here
Linda - https://blueskyscrapping.blogspot.com/.../unity-giu-blog...
Joyce - https://1ashjoy.blogspot.com/
Karen -https://www.tapthumpart.com/2020/03/giu-blog-hop.html
Selena -https://www.facebook.com/Live-Love-Craft-238059246879098/...


Until next time, happy stamping!

14 comments:

  1. What a darling layout! This is so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous project. and what a great stamp set too

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful page. Love how you colored the girls hair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE seeing your pictures from your travels. Looks amazing! And one day I'd love to visit there too. And I love seeing how you incorporate stamps in your layouts or journals. It's just wonderful. And this page is fantastic. Love your colors and design. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I love this... my traveler's notebook looked pretty dull compared to this! 😏

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this - especially as a scrapbooker! Great pictures and you tied it all so nicely together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your scrapbook page is so great. I love the girl image. You did great coloring and I love her hair.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful!! And inspiring in more than one direction! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This layout is incredible! I love the girl with the suitcases. My backgrounds using the gelli never turned out so nice! You are very talented!

    Linda Abel

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a fabulous layout! The colors are so pretty and love so many photos and journaling (the whole purpose of scrapping!).

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like how you used your kit with this layout. Hope you get to travel more once life gets back to normal.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You made a great choice for your thank you kit! It has so many wonderful stamps and I love what you did with the travel girl! It's perfect for you and love how you made her a self portrait!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Like I've said before... I need your scrapping skills!

    ReplyDelete