Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Born This Day

The Challenge
Use a calendar on a layout

This was the perfect challenge for a layout documenting the birth of a baby!  I have the Stampin' Up Full Calendar stamp set and found it to be the perfect embellishment.  I used the February stamp that comes with the set and used my Smash date stamp to add the dates on the days.  I then cut out a heart frame on my Cricut and used it to circle the day my nephew was born.  I added the year in the month box too with the date stamp too.  I used a sketch from one of my Scrapbook Generations sketch books.  I pulled the colors from the polka dots on the main horizontal strip.  He sure looks a little put out about having to be born!  LOL.

The layout

4 comments:

  1. Oh, you're right -that calendar is the perfect embellishment! And I love the stitching detail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you're right -that calendar is the perfect embellishment! And I love the stitching detail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome page, Laura! I love the green, brown, blue, and yellow color combo and that calendar is perfect! I love the two smaller photos on the left-hand side of our page!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the layout design! The little details---buttons, ticket, heart, stitching---perfect!

    ReplyDelete