Sunday, February 19, 2012

Daddy Time

Another layout for my nephew's first year.  I pulled some photos of him and daddy and used manly colors and patterns.

I used the Fab Friday prompt at Frosted Designs to use brads and/or eyelets.  I actually used both!  I used eyelets to sting my twine through and create the illusion of it holding down the vertical strips.  Then, I placed two groups of 3 circle brads to add interest on the brown vertical strip and used blue, square brads on the skinny plaid strip to add interest and shape.  I turned the square at a different angle to add even more interest and some contrast.  I used a Page Maps sketch for inspiration in the design.

The layout

10 comments:

  1. Awesome page Laura!! I love the mix of square and round brads and the eyelets with the twine is such an awesome idea! And a very cute, boyish page! And those Amy Tan alphas...you KNOW I am loving those and still having gotten any yet!! UGH! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh I didn't notice the eyelets with the twine on the CK site! That is really neat! Great misting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the subtle stitching :) Lots of neat details on this layout.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you used both eyelets and brads! And from one Pagemaps lover to another, I joined your blog! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the deets here...stitching, brads, splatter, eyelets/twine... really interesting elements for a simple page... Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. there are some really fabulous details in your layout! I love how you used the eyelets and you used a lot of brads!! Love that you used square and round brads! Thanks for playing along at Frosted Designs!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great masculine page! I love that paper by My Minds Eye ... it's one of my favs :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great way to use both brads/eyelets love how you tied the twine between them great idea thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the splatter and the masculine papers. The machine stitching is a nice touch. Perfect pairing the clock with "time" in your title!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the colors. Awesome detail of the row of brads.

    ReplyDelete