Friday, July 13, 2012

Peaceful Walk in the Garden


This is really a fun color pallet this week at CSI!  Green, blue and brown are my faves and the yellow just adds a fun pop!  I chose these photos of a recent trip to the Japanese Gardens in Portland, OR.

I used grass, clouds, tree, long title, and it's a bridge, but sorta like a fence. My hidden journaling says, "There is something so peaceful about wandering around a Japanese garden.  I so appreciate all the work and care that goes into making such a beautiful space.  I could spend all day here just being deep in thought."

I decided to play around with paint a little bit.  I'm trying to learn how to do cool painted backgrounds, but I have a long way to go.  I guess I am a bit intimidated at mixing colors together and not making a big, muddy mess.  I played a little with wiping away some of the paint for this project.  The clouds are just the paint cleaned off in the shape of a cloud.  I did mix the free, artsy feel of the paint with more elegant papers though and added an Asian flair with my stamp and die cuts.  I based the whole look of a Creative Scrappers sketch.

The layout

The case file



1 comment:

  1. I really love this layout! Your clouds and grass are great! and the bonsai tree and bridge/fence add a really nice touch to the layout. Great work!

    ReplyDelete