Wednesday, October 24, 2012

We Walk Together

The Challenge:
Use inspiration from everyday life

I go to this bank's website for work all the time and I love the sign in screen.  It just has happy colors and I love the clouds.  I've wanted to use it for a layout for some time, but never remember when I'm home.  This was the perfect challenge for that!

I kept with the general color scheme, used those cute clouds, and arranged my pieces in a grid formation, just like the site.  I love how it turned out.  The stitching was a last minute addition and I love what it did for the overall design.

The photo is from a recent trip to the coast.  As I was sitting on a log with John, I noticed that our footsteps leading up from the water to where we were, went side by side.  Even though they ambled a bit, they ambled together.  It was obvious that we had been holding hands and moved as one.  It has been a really rough couple of months for me and the sight of those footsteps was so reassuring.  No matter where life ambles, John will amble with me

The layout

3 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous photo, and a super sweet story!! Beautiful design, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Laura!! The grid design is awesome and I think adding the stitching was a perfect touch!! It adds just that little bit of texture!! And I love the cute little wood veneer peeps!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully done!!

    ReplyDelete