Saturday, January 19, 2013

Maple Tree

I really struggled with this CSI layout.  Not sure why.  I liked all the colors and prompts, but it just wasn't coming together for me.  I did manage to get something done and I really like some parts of it, but not sure why it isn't hitting a home run for me.  I guess we can't always hit a home run.

I took this photo of a maple tree at the Portland Japanese Gardens last year as part of my birthday present from my dad.  We made a whole weekend photo shoot that was a ton of fun!  This is the most photographed tree in the park and you almost walk right by it.  It's not that big and you need to get down on the ground and look under it to get good photos.

For my evidence used: plain white background, scallops, stitching

My testimony is journaling 6 interesting things about my subject, the gardens.

* Portland Japanese Gardens
* 5.5 acres
* 50 years old
* Most photographed tree in the park
* Most authentic Japanese garden outside of Japan
* 5 distinct gardens

The layout

No comments:

Post a Comment