Friday, January 4, 2013

Peace

I was just thrilled when I got an email from the owner of CSI asking me to be a Special Investigator for the month of January!  I love playing along with these cases and it is such an honor to be asked to part of the inspiration group.  These ladies are super scrappers!

For my first case, I was given a really pastel color palette.  I realized that I just don't scrap pastels!  I really didn't have any papers that would work.  I remembered that I am squirreling away papers for the wedding album I will be doing this summer and there were some papers in there that I could use....whew!  This first case was way out of my normal scrapping style and it made me nervous.  I just kept looking at it and then setting it aside.  I really didn't want to wait for the last minute, so I pulled it out one day and set down to do it.

The first thing I did was choose a photo.  The inspiration words were soft, lovely, quiet, that made me think of this river, near where my mom used to live, that was so peaceful and with lovely colors the day I visited.  Next, I needed to steal, I mean choose some paper from the wedding stash.  I liked the pattern on the background piece and added some texture paste shapes to it, then brushed on some distress inks in soft hues.  I knew I had these pretty flowers that fit perfectly too, so I pulled them out and underneath were my Dusty Attic laser cut shapes.  I pulled a bunch of those and added them too.  One of the papers had this pretty little fairy on it, so I cut her out and added her to a rosette that I made out of pleated paper.  I layered and stacked all of my elements, added some gems to the swirls of the die cuts, and glitter glue to the fairy.

The evidence I used was: flowers, pleating, and texture paste.  For my testimony I wrote a haiku, printed it out on vellum, and placed it right on my photo.  It reads,
"Blue river running softly
Soothe my weary soul
Peaceful visions comfort me"

Check out the reveal here

The layout

4 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Laura!! Love the photo so much and these colors suite it so nicely!! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty, Laura! Pastels are tough for me, too. Beautiful photo, and I love the masking and chipboard! Gorgeous!,

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!! I knew it was just a matter of time til you got that invitation to be a Special Investigator!! :) Congrats Laura!! Beautiful use of this Case File and you did a gorgeous job with the colors! I love that beautiful photo and the vellum journaling strips you added to it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful layout! Love the colors, flourishes & texture.

    ReplyDelete