Tuesday, December 3, 2013

You & Me

I was sort of ho hum about this color palette at CSI this week.  Not sure why.  I usually really like earthy tones.  I loved the sketch though and the journal prompt "repeat one phrase over and over" made me want to use You & Me and scrap about my hubby.

I found a photo that my friend, Adele, took when she was here over my birthday, so I printed them off in two sizes and cut them into circles to match the sketch.  I used some gel medium and a stencil to create the fun diamond shape in the background.  Next I added layers of spray ink and water, letting the color drip down.  When dry, I sprayed some teal ink on my craft mat and pressed the page into the dots and splats.  Seriously love how the background turned out!  I layered some paper in strips and in banners, added some branches and embellishments.  I stamped the You & Me onto journal strips, added a flag with the same message and a title of the same too.


The case file


1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful Laura..... Your style certainly has changed since I met you a few years ago. It's so cool seeing everyone's crafty evolution.....but I must know....how did you combat the warping of the paper....I love misting, but I hate that! lol

    ReplyDelete