Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Birds of a Feather

My first thought when I saw this week's CSI case was, "Whoa, that's a lot of pink...", then I remembered these fun photos taken at my daughter's birthday party. We both have May birthdays and LOVE our desserts to be strawberry related. You can keep your birthday cake, bring on the strawberry pie, the strawberry shortcake, the cheesecake topped with strawberries!

We really are birds of a feather, which I thought was perfect for using the cut file, of the same name,  from The Cut Shoppe. I've always loved the cute, whimsical feathers and wanted a chance to use them. I also used the title and the fun little birds. But first, I spread some texture paste through a triangle stencil and watercolored over the top, in a random fashion as a base for the rest. I added some flowers from Funky Florals too. I really like them too. The cluster of smaller feathers are made with the feather stamp, from Stampin' Up. I stamped them onto vellum and heat embossed with white. I love the sheer, delicate look that technique gives. The two funky birds are busy holding up a banner of shiny. The tear drop reminds me a bit of the shape of strawberries.

Evidence used: stripes, banners, triangles, texture paste, something transparent.

Testimony is documenting a celebration. May birthdays with strawberries!




2 comments: