Friday, July 10, 2015

You Are Here

I can't believe it's July already. Time for a new month of fun cases at CSI. This month we are teaming up with Ashley over at The Cut Shoppe. I love Ashley's designs. They are so fun and whimsical and love using them. She is generously giving a $20 gift certificate for one of this month's player, so be sure to join along.

I recently flew out to mom's, a bit last minute, following the Memorial Day holiday. This meant my route was a little all over the place and 16 hours later, I arrived. I flew through 5 airports, 4 flights, on 3 different airlines. It was a bit nuts. The day included a power outage in Portland and a lightning storm and broken plane in Dallas. Oh, and it was my birthday.

For this layout, I started off with some teal paint on white watercolor paper, then added some background stamping with a dated library card stamp. Next I cut out and colored Hip2BSquare from The Cut Shoppe for my matte. I used the grid design from the sketch, but added another row. The tag from the Pack Your Bags filled in the last spot. For my title, I cut apart the phrase from Travelin' On, putting them at the top and bottom of the grid. Little pieces from Happy Camper, Target Practice and Round Up finished off the cut files. I cut some banners out and added the official designation for each of the airports I visited and to add the 3 points of my journaling. The stats, you could say. The whole thing was finished off with a sprinkling of some stars.

Evidence used: solid background, stars, dry embossing.

Testimony is on little tags. "5 airports, 4 flights, on 3 airlines"




1 comment:

  1. Great layout! Love seeing all these photos put together on a page!

    ReplyDelete