Saturday, January 16, 2016

Fly Costa Rica

My husband and I had the amazing opportunity to join my mother's photo tour in Costa Rica at the beginning of December. It was a truly amazing experience and one I will treasure always. Our trip began with quite the flight schedule. We left at 5:30 in the evening, flew to Los Angeles, boarded a flight to Miami at 10 PM, landed at 5:30 the next morning, then boarded our final flight at 9:00 AM, landing in San Jose, Costa Rica about noon. It was an exhausting flight (s), but we were ready to to when when we arrived! It helped to have passes for the Admiral's Club in Miami. We got free food and a quite place to hang out for a couple of hours. Flying into Costa Rica was super fun, finding the differences to how it looks where we live and spotting things we don't normally see. Take the cows or sheep. I said cows, hubby said sheep. Either way, they were not the normal animals you would see here (they were, in fact, cows...yes!)

For my layout, I took a couple of pieces of striped paper and distressed the edges with Mahogany ink, followed by a crack stamp in chocolate brown ink. I then added some paste cracks here and there. I like how it adds texture and compliments the stamping. I then added several more related stamps. A compass, plane, the world map, postal stamps. I also added some fun travel washi tape and a few die cuts. Finally some clustered gears and clock parts finished off the layout.

Evidence used: gears, watch parts, clouds, key, hearts, stamped background, metal

Testimony is done in a timeline, the timeline of our journey.




No comments:

Post a Comment