Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Spotlight

This layout didn't go the way I had intended. At all. I was going to use some really bright stained glass photos, but it so clashed with the square colors, that I went back to the drawing board and looked for some new photos. I landed on these photos of a waterfall in Yellowstone, just as the late afternoon sun hit the water and spray to turn the sight into a magical one. It didn't last long, but we got some great photos whilst there.

I used a cut file from The Cut Shoppe, backing the square with bits of patterned paper in the palette of case colors. I love the soft look of the pastels agains the charcoal. To give a bit of separation, I added some deli paper under my photos. I like how it ended up mimicking the spray of the water. I glittered some stars and used glittered letters to add to the effect.

Evidence used: stars, glitter, grid

Testimony was using poetry (prompt)

Winter falls, cold, crisp
Frozen mist flows to and fro
Bathed in the spotlight





No comments:

Post a Comment