Sunday, July 22, 2018

GIU Blog Hop

I'm baaaaaaack... and happy to be so! Welcome to the May/June Unity GIU Blog Hop. You should have arrived here from Stasia's blog, if you've just wandered here, you can start the hop at Unity's blog. There's a chance for you to win your very own deeply etched red rubber, the best in the Land.

I had a great week and had worked up a fun galaxy card to share today, but then got the wild hair to revisit the theme of all 5 days. I know, I'm a bit nuts, but I had fun using some of the same ideas with the new stamps that had arrived this week, and so I give you....

Shaker card


I love this little seed packet, from Ever Blooming, and it really lends itself well as a shaker card. I used micro beads, mica flakes and a bit of the Audrey Mix. The hubby was a bit disappointed that he was handed a seed packet and all he got was little BBs... I have some other ideas rattling around in the space in my head, so we shall see.

Black On Kraft


I *finally* got around to Giving It All Meaning. Seriously, it's been on my List for some time.  I thought it was the perfect background for this sweet couple I Tolerate You. Hubby thinks it's cute. That's good because it's for him.

Clean And Simple


For this card, I just used the flower from Everblooming, with my favorite "ink with distress, mist, stamp" technique. A few sequins, paint splatters, and a peek-a-boo of washi was all that it needed to be done. Hubby tried to "fix" it. "It's crooked..."

Gelli Plate


I just love this jar of lemonade and the lil tags, from Happiness is Homemade! The hubby was seriously impressed with this one. He's a big fan of the Glossy Accents applied to the jar, though he declared this one not straight too (yeah, it's supposed to be that way, ya dolt!)  It really does do a good job of making it look wet. And I love the fact that when you do Gelli prints, you always have leftovers to pull from. This is one of my ghost prints during my GIU week. I have a drawer of them, just waiting to become awesome, fun backgrounds.

Galaxy Card



And here we come to the card that started us on our reunion tour. I had asked for Look Up And Get Lost as my GIU prize and of course one needs to make a galaxy card with it and Good Vibes also showed up, so that means I need to have another camper parked under the night sky....amiright? I am. I love that there's a little party going on and it's all inviting and festive inside. Hubby did say he'd like to see this thing being towed as the wheels are so far forward. I told him to shush.

So there you have it, I hope you had fun hopping. Remember to leave comments on all the blogs to be in the running for your very own deeply etched red rubber, the best in the Land. Thank you and good night, I'm being hailed by the bird queen, my lemon drop is ready for me!


29 comments:

  1. Love the camper card... the galaxy background is perfect with this! A must try now that I just recently figured it out myself. Thanks for the reunion tour. Your week was great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what an assortment of wonderful cards! They are all so beautiful! Great job an thank you so much for being a GIU gal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy crapoli! You're seriously incredible! I'm obsessed with your black on craft but I am also dying for your lemonade! You are a wizard of Gelli prints (not Slytherin of course).

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great group of cards. I am pretty linear like your hubby, love the interest created by tilting the layout like your cards. I just have to remind myself to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you went all out!! Wonderful cards. Love the bunny bear couple and that cool shaker. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Beautifully done! You were busy! Love them all, espcially the camper!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so incredibly talented! I wish to be like you when I grow up (lol). I love EVERY.SINGLE.ONE!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful set of gorgeous cards! So totally impressed by each one. Wish I had some of your talents! Geez, Laura, not sure I can even pick a favorite, love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wowza! For all of them. Even the 'crooked' ones! lol My hubby would say the same thing.
    Love shakers and yours is so different. The gelli print with the lemonade is fantastic and
    your galaxy? AWEmazing. That is a cute & fun camper. I don't drink, but I want to be
    a part of the festivities going on there. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love them all, but the camper card is definitely my favorite! Great starry night background!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an incredible collection of awesome cards. I love the diversity you demonstrated. My favorite is the camper card - loving your beautiful star-filled sky.

    sue

    ReplyDelete
  12. LoveLoveLove that camper!!
    The seed packet is brilliant!!! Makes me smile!!
    The lemonade looks delicious with that awesome background!!
    And your CAS flower with the splatter WOW!!!
    Thanks for inspiring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! I love the variety of your cards - especially the camper!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, you did it again!!! Such marvellous cards!!! Love them all!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great group of cards! Of course I love the camper. Also the black on kraft design really pops!

    ReplyDelete
  16. All of these cards are fabulous! Love the galaxy background with Good Vibes...perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love all the colors on your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, it would be so hard to pick a favorite out of all these - they're all wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Goodness! I cannot pick one or two, or even three- love all of your work! Your camper card- how awesome- my hubby loves the idea of traveling in one- maybe I could be OK with it if it looks like this : )

    ReplyDelete
  20. ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS cards! So many fun variations! I think my favorite card would have to be the last card! The GLAMPING one with the AMAZING night sky!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your wild hair makes for some great inspiration!! Awesome cards! Love that you paired the Look Up & Get Lost kit with the Good Vibes... they are fabulous together!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gosh I just love all these cards! Great inspiration here!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Inside and out,
    a great with no doubt!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. The flower seeds card is my favorite! Great job on all of them! He camper card is adorable!!!! Thanks so much for sharing! 💗

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow--these are all awesome. Love the black on kraft.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Awesome cards! Love the shaker card and the jar of lemonade! And your night sky on the galaxy card is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  27. All of these are awesome! I especially like the shaker - the colors are perfect. The kraft card has simple layers but they all pack a punch. I am really going to have to try ink with distress and spritz with water. My results on large stmaps with a lot of surface area haven't been great - maybe something with smaller lines would be better! Awesome cards, the galaxy is great. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Girl....each one of your creations make me want to order the stamp set. Your gonna make me broke. Wait...im already broke. Lol. But seriously....i couldn't even pick a fav if I tried. All amazing!

    ReplyDelete