Friday, May 11, 2012

Duck Fan

The Challenge:
Use a twine technique on your layout or project.

I was so happy to be able to participate in Big Picture Class's online crop during National Scrapbook Day.  They have 12 challenges, posted on the hour all day long.  We had until the next evening to get them posted for a chance at some awesome prizes.

Megan Hoeppner issued this challenge and she showcased several ideas.  I really like her idea to wind the twine on a glue dot and then place in the center of a button.  It was a great idea, so easy and adds just another level of interest.

I picked this photo of my nephew making the Oregon Duck "OOOOOOOOOOOOO".  His parents are die hard Duck fans so I am sure that they were ecstatic about their baby boy joining in.  I had this green and yellow paper just begging to be used on a Duck fan layout.  I added some Oregon themed Os, some football die cut stickers, a nice loopy punched piece of yellow, a piece of chevron ledger paper with Os and tied with twine,  and some fun yellow letter to my buttons and BAM! cute layout complete.

The layout

2 comments:

  1. What a cute page Laura!! Love the fun title and that picture of him is too cute!

    ReplyDelete