Saturday, June 30, 2012

Just Horsing Around

The challenge:
Use a tree on your layout

I think the tree stamps, die cuts, paper out today are stinkin' cute!  I love the odd retro shapes they have.  I got this Cricut cartridge for Christmas that not only has this adorable tree on it, but awesome owls!  They just make me happy.

I decided to use some photos Kayla's friend sent me of them going for a horseback ride for Kayla's birthday.  They look like they had a ton of fun and I thought this tree and owl would go really good with the photos.  I also wanted a barn so I just looked at some photos online and cut one out myself.  Turned out better than in my mind's eye too.  That is always a good thing, since most things look better in my mind, lol.  I also got the chicken wire stamp for my birthday and thought it lent a real farm feel too.

The layout

2 comments:

  1. Love how everything you used ties to the outdoorsy/farm-like feel. Great choices and wonderful layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very very cute. Great job on the barn and the chicken wire is so perfect for your theme.

    ReplyDelete